Saturday, August 5, 2017

Destination: Atlantic City, Scraps of Darkness July Kit, 2017

Hi fellow scrappers.  How is everyone today?  I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far and getting some scrappy time in.

Today I would like to share the third layout that I made with the amazing
July Scraps of Darkness "Wayfarer" kit:

This kit contains unbelievably beautiful and detailed papers from
Blue Fern Studios' Wanderlust Collection:


Some of these papers have a vintage feel and totally led me towards scrapping a photo of my grandparents on the boardwalk of Atlantic City!

Here is my 12 X 12 layout:




The photo was taken in the late 1940's.  They loved going to AC and walking the boardwalk.  This particular time, they were all dressed up - I believe it was taken on Easter Sunday.  My grandfather was so handsome and grandmother beautiful.  (Of note, we are taking a family vacation in AC soon!!!  I cannot wait. . . .)

I stared with a 12 X 12 paper from the coordinating paper add-on:


I also used some of the papers included in the main kit by fussy cutting or die-cutting what I wanted.  

I enjoyed using the PinkFresh alpha set from the elements add-on:

Also, that stamp sent has come in handy for me numerous times while using this kit!!!

And I added the very special Tim Holtz angel wings from the creativity add-on to my layout:

I loved using yellow embossing powder and blue spritz from this add-on as well!

Again, I am here to tell you that scrapbooking doesn't have to be daunting.  I completed this page in a couple of hours!!!  Having the elements from these kits at your fingertips makes creating a scrapbook page easy-peasy.

Here are some close ups of my page:





I highly recommend that you head on over to the Scraps of Darkness blog and store to learn more about them, their talented designers, their products, and the awesome kit club memberships.

Thanks for your visit to my blog today.  Hugs and Happy Scrapping!


8 comments:

  1. HI!!! Oh wow you are creating up a storm with that kit and beautiful papers, this layout is gorgeous, I love the photo and the frames and the wings behind it.. A special memory to scrap.. I hope your weekend is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout made with a wonderful photo, full of memories for you. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout dear Sharon! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh your layout is amazing! Love the beautiful photo of your grandparents, they look soooo cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic LO Sharongreat photo and amazing design

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page! Looking forward to reading about your trip to Atlantic City. I've never been there and don't know a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!